Have Fios internet but no TV offered
slackbob

I am trying to trim monthly expenses and would like to start bundling services. Unfortunately, while I have Fios internet, TV is not offered. I have signed up for alerts but I have had this for about 4 years now with not so much as a whisper. If there was something in the pipeline, a exclusive franchise agreement running out, anything at all, I would probably re-up my contract. Is there any way to find out why TV is not available?

0 Likes
Re: Have Fios internet but no TV offered
jonjones1
Legend

@slackbobwrote:

I am trying to trim monthly expenses and would like to start bundling services. Unfortunately, while I have Fios internet, TV is not offered. I have signed up for alerts but I have had this for about 4 years now with not so much as a whisper. If there was something in the pipeline, a exclusive franchise agreement running out, anything at all, I would probably re-up my contract. Is there any way to find out why TV is not available?

Well if you call 1-800-VERIZON I am sure they can get you tv. 

It is inconceivable Verizon has not offered you a tv and phone bundle or a internet and tv bundle. I am sure all is available.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check with your local government cable office.

It is possible that Verizon does not have a TV franchise in your area.

Where are you located?

0 Likes
slackbob

@CRobGauthwrote:

Where are you located?

The lovely Lehigh Valley in PA.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@slackbobwrote:

@CRobGauthwrote:

Where are you located?

The lovely Lehigh Valley in PA.

My main question is what is everyone else using for tv? Rabbit ears? Someone has to have the ability to provide tv service.

it is possible to get both a Fios or cable internet with tv from another source. But you don’t want to increase costs as per your first post . I know of instances where you can just use high speed internet and get your tv from Sling or DirectTVNOW over the internet streaming and save a ton of money. Factor in just internet, then sign up for streaming tv and save. There are no taxes or fees or add on surcharges or sports fees going this route. So it’s either $20 or $35 stand alone tv plus cost of broadband and no contracts. Think about it.

0 Likes