Have SD auto run to HD channel or merge channels like OTHER CABLE providers do
lricsin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I haven't been able to find anything definitive about making SD channels auto switch to HD channels, like they do in Cablevision and Time Warner Cable. 

My father, whose account this is, is not too good with technology so he ends up watching the crappy SD channel on his HDTV. 

Creating a favorites list is not a fix, because he likes to type in the numbers to change channels.  Typing 7 for WABC, gives him the SD channel.   Why no merge ability on these boxes, which are much better boxes than cable companies have?

0 Likes
Re: Have SD auto run to HD channel or merge channels like OTHER CABLE providers do
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

Menu on remote

@lricsin wrote:

Hi,

I haven't been able to find anything definitive about making SD channels auto switch to HD channels, like they do in Cablevision and Time Warner Cable. 

My father, whose account this is, is not too good with technology so he ends up watching the crappy SD channel on his HDTV. 

Creating a favorites list is not a fix, because he likes to type in the numbers to change channels.  Typing 7 for WABC, gives him the SD channel.   Why no merge ability on these boxes, which are much better boxes than cable companies have?

If you have the new update.
Menu on Remote......Settings.......System......Television.....Auto Tune to HD Channels, ON.

Re: Have SD auto run to HD channel or merge channels like OTHER CABLE providers do
lricsin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  I didn't see that option a while back, so we must have got the update recently.

It would be nice to have a simpler solution like to map channel 507 hd to channel 7, so when scrolling up, can also access the sd channels. 

Still a confusion on his part, as he puts channel 7, goes to 507.   Then he hits channel up and cant find his sd channels (eg 311).

0 Likes