quick menu

Having problems with channel surfing due to new update?

Having problems with channel surfing due to new update?

Highlighted
Contributor tex31166
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(675 Views)

I couldn't change channel's using program guide or typing in the channel number.  So I reset my DVR & fixed all my channel surfing issues.  If this is the only problem you're having then reset you DVR or set-top box.

To do this: just hold in the power button until the display starts changing.  It could take longer than expected.  I think I held my power button in for close to 30 seconds.  But, like I said, it fixed my problems.

Example of problem: pressed guide, arrowed up or down to channel I wanted to watch & hit select (OK).  The problem is it didn't go to that channel; it stayed on the channel I was on.  Then I would try to type in the channel # which didn't work either.  I logged on & glanced through a few reviews & decided to just try & fix it myself which worked.  Good luck!  Smiley Very Happy

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios