Heavy Pixelation and No Audio on AMC HD and Fuse HD
URFloorMatt

I just noticed this tonight when i went to watch my DVR recording of The Walking Dead.  I am getting heavy pixelation and no audio on both AMC HD and Fuse HD.  I'm not sure when this began, but I watched The Walking Dead last Sunday night just fine, so it didn't start until sometime after that.

Is this something to do with my setup/wiring (somehow, even though nothing has changed since Sunday), or is a problem further up the chain?

0 Likes
Re: Heavy Pixelation and No Audio on AMC HD and Fuse HD
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would imagine it is more in the local wiring set up, possibly a loose or dirty connector (coax only)

Check your video signal when the pixelization and audio drops happen - so that you can tell if it's in your local wiring or not.

go to menu > customer support > in home agent > network diagnostic = ok to start.

after it's finished you will get a general message, but if you want technical details you have to hit the info button.

you'll be provided with the following.

Video Signal is OK (snr value:36)      (36 is optimal, it will give you a clean picture with as low as 32)

Video signal is OK (snr level is: GOOD)  

local network is Ok ( IP xxx.xxx.xx.x)   <~~not important for broadcast, but important for VOD

External network is OK (IP xx.xxx.xxx.xxx)<~~not important for broadcast, but important for VOD

0 Likes
URFloorMatt

This morning I checked both channels and they were fine.  Tonight, however, it's back to pixelation.  My SNR Value is 29.  My SNR Level is Fair.   But it's only on these particular channels.  

One channel down, CMT HD, and the SNR Value is 35 and the SNR Level is Good.

What's the deal?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

definetely either a bad cable or bad connector/connection.  Did you try unhooking that coax cable and reseating it nice and firm?  don't take it for granted that it's "in there good"   re check or re-hook that coax cable at both ends, and then re-check that snr value,  you want it over 32 at the least,  29 is asking for pixelization.   you may even want to replace the cable, they are relatively inexpensive.  

0 Likes
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem and my SNR is 41. This is a transmission on the fios end. We are being sent AMC in low bit rate, see other posts elsewhere. I left Comcast because I was under the impression that FioS was better and didn't do any compression, but it seems I was wrong. FioS needs to fix this !!!! "The Killing" and "Mad Men" are two of the best shows on TV.

-Ken

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

You do know that AMC, WE, FUSE, and IFC are all being provided by Rainbow to all satellite/cable and FIOS companies at about half the quality that the better channels use.  They did this so that all 4 could be squeezed on one QAM.

Fios can't fix this, they are delivering the signal essentially as given to them.

0 Likes