Help: Getting 5.1 over HDMI but not Optical (new Cisco STB)
mizzoudrew1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a new FIOS customer and just got everything set up this weekend.  I prefer to have my FIOS STB connected directly to my TV via HDMI, with optical audio going to my receiver.  However, I noticed that after setting my STB (Cisco CHS 335HDC) to Surround audio, I'm only getting 3.0 audio.

When I connect the HDMI directly to the receiver, I get 5.1.  I've tried several different channels and it's the same result on all.  I'm getting full 5.1 surround on the NFL game on FOX via HDMI, but only 3.0 via the optical connection.

It's not the end of the world to do HDMI to the receiver, but it is more convenient for me since I like to keep certain scene settings associated with HDMI inputs on the TV, so I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help: Getting 5.1 over HDMI but not Optical (new Cisco STB)
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

We can check into this for you to see what the specifications are. I sent you a private message to get started.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Help: Getting 5.1 over HDMI but not Optical (new Cisco STB)
HomeGrown203
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the same issue, did it ever get solved?

0 Likes