Help Getting STB Activated
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I recently swapped out my two HD/DVR STB model 6416 for a model 7xxx series HD/DVR STB.  I was told I needed a 7xxx series to view the new 1.9 IMG.  I received one of the boxes through the mail and but Verizon sent me a basic HD box for the second one.  I had to go to my local Verizon FIOS Store and trade it back for a 7xxx series HD/DVR STB.  That's the basic background.

Now I have the HD/DVR box I got from the store btu getting it activated has been a nightmare.  The person at the counter gave me a phone number to call to activate.  Mind you , I did not have an activation code.  I called the number and the tech appeared to get the serial number of the box (another story).  He said he would push through the activation.  He told me it would be 1-2 hours. They would call me to verify.  I received no call.  Then after waiting the 2 hours the STB still did not work.  I got on the live chat and asked the tech there.  He said it would take 3-4 hours.  After that I got fed up and went and did something else.  Now it is over 14 hours since I made the original call to activate the STB.  The box diesn't even have the correct time on it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Help Getting STB Activated
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I guess the STB has been activated but now the channels are incomplete.  I am only receiving up to the 500's on the channel selection.  Is this still part of the activation?

0 Likes