Help with STB- Been on hold for an hour and a half with tech support!
jw14141

HI, my tv was working fine before I put together a new tv stand and unplugged the coax tv cable,  hdmi cable and power cord from the back of the STB box. I have an older model Motorola I think (black box with only a power button and a couple up/down buttons on the front).  When I plugged cords back in again, I get the Red Screen of Death "Starting Up..One Moment Please." THis has been going on for 3 hours.

I've reset the STB several times to no avail.  I didn't unplug anything else.  Help please! 🙂 

0 Likes
Re: Help with STB- Been on hold for an hour and a half with tech support!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sometimes there are TWO RF plugs in the back of the STB. 

So did you make sure to plug the wall coax into where it says RF IN or FiOS TV IN on the back of the set top box?

And on rare occasions, people have two coax runs in a single room.  One coax is live where the other isn't, so if you have two, then make sure you are using the live one.

If both of those are fine, then use the front panel of the cable box and press "power once select two times"  Do them at about a 1/2 second interval (newer boxes replace select with an ok button)

when you get the white diagnostic screen open, then select the option for in band status (usually d04 or d05) and look for your SNR.   32 and above is what you want, so if it's at 27 that is too weak a number, and may cause problems connecting.  If it's below 32 then you'll want to play with the coax cable more.  Unscrew it, clean it up if needed and put it back in nice and secure. 

you should be coming from the wall coax directly to the back of the Set top box.  and then hdmi from the set top box to the TV.

Here are some Wiring Diagrams in case you need them .

@jw1414 wrote:

HI, my tv was working fine before I put together a new tv stand and unplugged the coax tv cable,  hdmi cable and power cord from the back of the STB box. I have an older model Motorola I think (black box with only a power button and a couple up/down buttons on the front).  When I plugged cords back in again, I get the Red Screen of Death "Starting Up..One Moment Please." THis has been going on for 3 hours.

I've reset the STB several times to no avail.  I didn't unplug anything else.  Help please! 🙂 

0 Likes
DataTek

It's 9:19 AM (East) and we've had no TV since 2:00PM yesterday.  It took almost 2 hours and three different tool-free numbers to get a tech that would admit to being able to address outages in Rhode Island.  Our problem is exactly the same as described earlier in this post except we did nothing other than turning the system on and trying to use the Search function. 

According to Tech support a lot of people have been calling in with the same issue so I can only surmise that there is a major glitch with the roll-out og the new IMG. 

I only found this discussion forum today.  Is there somewhere that outages are tracked/reported or updated??

0 Likes
davesbad

Ive been on hold for 15 minutes now, I have the red screen also, on 1 hd box, my dvr box is working though.

0 Likes
davesbad

I just unplugged my box for ten minutes and it works now. It hsnt worked since last night. But unplugging did the trick.

0 Likes
DataTek

Mine is working again but on release 1.8.  Obviously the roll-out of IMG 1.9 won't happen until their programmers read the chapter about "how to test your work before pushing it into the field" in their "So you wnat to be a Programmer?!" manuals.

Smiley Mad

0 Likes