Help with movie purchased through Flex View; DRM expired
LizaMarieLoves3

Hi,

I had no luck with online help today for over 50 minutes.  I hope you can help.

I know that the Verizon Media Manager software was retired/is no longer supported.  I still have it downloaded to my computer.

I purchased one movie on my account in Sept or Oct of 2011 through Flex View.  I downloaded it to my computer and have enjoyed watching it with my family. 

I have recently tried to play it on my computer and get a notice that my DRM on this file only have expired.  It seems that one way fix this is to upgrade my Windows Media Player; however, it can't be upgraded as I'm running Vista 32-bit without a complete OS wipe to get it to 64-bit.  I otherwise have zero issues with my OS.  I just want to play this one movie I purchased. 

I can not view this file on my computer at all through the verizon website.  I try to log in and it keeps bumping me out and I'm running in circles. 

Today I had downgraded my FIOS service to be basic.  I know I can't view On-Demand on my TV.  I don't know if this further complicates the issue of me accessing my movie online through the verizon website, if they are somehow connected.

1) Can you help me access my movie on my PCU?  I downloaded the Fios app and can watch it there, but I want to watch it on my large computer screen with my family and not on my 2" phone screen, also it is taking up enormous space on it. 

I read that "If you obtained the file from an online store, the store might offer media usage rights (license) restoration. (Some stores refer to this procedure as computer activation, computer authorization, library restoration, or license synchronization.)"

2) Can you provide a resotration of my digital media rights to this file I purchased?

3) Is there a way to get the movie I downloaded through the FIOS app on my phone to my computer?  It does not show up other than through the FIOS app for me to copy to my computer.

THANK YOU!

0 Likes