Help with scheduling a program to record from the internet
krillen5

Recently, I received a message on my tv about a new feature for scheduling programs to be recorded from the internet.  So now I'm wondering how you do it.  Which website do you go to?  I've been to verizon.com and verizon.central.net and did not see anything for it.  I have also called customer service but they are having "issues" with their systems.  Can somebody please help?

All I am trying to do is schedule a program to record at home from my desk at work...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with scheduling a program to record from the internet
Justin46
Legend

You should be able to do it from here: http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx. However, remember you must have the Home Media DVR to be able to use it.

Keller, TX

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

You should be able to do it from here: http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx. However, remember you must have the Home Media DVR to be able to use it.

Keller, TX

jklBruin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin,

By "Home Media DVR", do you mean simply the HD DVR hardware or the "Home Media" service in addition to the HD DVR?

I only ask because I have the HD DVR, but not the home media service, but I was able to schedule a recording online.

But the one thing I'd like to do but can't is to view my dvr recordings on my standard stb. oh well.

Message Edited by jklBruin on 12-22-2008 02:06 PM
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

jklBruin,

When I refer to "Home Media DVR" I am using the same terminology Verizon is using to differentiate the DVR where you can watch recordings on other TVs attached to other STBs vs. the DVR where you can only watch what is recorded on the TV connected to that DVR (this is what I have).

All of the material I have seen says that the web scheduling of the DVR requires the Home Media DVR service, so if you are able to do it I am quite surprised. Are you really, really sure you don't have it (I know, stupid question, but I gotta ask....). What are you paying for the DVR? If it is $19.99/mo, then you do have the Home Media DVR. I do not have that service, and I have looked high and low to see if I can schedule my DVR via the web, and so far have not been able to find a way to do so.

The Home Media DVR is required to view programs on other TVs. Of course, if you have SD STBs on the other TVs, you would only be able to watch SD recordings, but that is certainly better than nothing.

I think Home Media costs about $5/mo more.

Keller, TX

0 Likes