Hi, How to access diagnostic menu of my Verizon STB ( the Cisco CHS 335HDC )
rurika

Hi, I can't find infomation to access to diagnostic menu of CHS 335HDC set top box.

So could you provide how to access diagnostic menu of this unit step by step ?

I want to config the digital close caption with no backgound on my TV.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Hi, How to access diagnostic menu of my Verizon STB ( the Cisco CHS 335HDC )
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try using the remote and hitting POWER AND THEN OK AND THEN MENU

if your tv turns off, turn it on by hand by pressing the menu on the front display of your TV.   This may or may not work, I haven't played with the cisco, but it works for the motorola.  

0 Likes
Re: Hi, How to access diagnostic menu of my Verizon STB ( the Cisco CHS 335HDC )
rurika

It didn't work with the cisco.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway..

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@rurika wrote:

Hi, I can't find infomation to access to diagnostic menu of CHS 335HDC set top box.

So could you provide how to access diagnostic menu of this unit step by step ?

I want to config the digital close caption with no backgound on my TV.

Thanks.

I do not have the Cisco STBs, but on  the Motorola STBs you can access the Closed Captions settings on the Menu:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Accessibility ==> Closed Captions

That option does not appear in the Menu on the Cisco boxes?

As I understand it, there is a hidden menu on the Cisco boxes. To access that menu you press the Left Arrow and OK buttons at the same time. I have no idea what options or information is provided using this procedure. If you do find something using this procedure, please come back and post what you find, it will help other Cisco users.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
rurika

Oh, Thank you Justin.

Last time (3 months ago) when I tried to set Closed Captions on the memu. It didn't have Background Opacity setting menu (or Font size , Font Color , etc)

It can choose between open or close Closed Captions only, so I think that I have to set in diagnostic menu like my previous motorola STBs.

On the motorola STBs, it has Closed Caption menu in diagnostic so you can change the font color , font size , font style , background color , etc.

But look like I don't have to do it in diagnostic menu any more.

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

The OK Button-Left Arrow on the box at the same time for 3 seconds will bring up a diagnostics screen, but there is no hidden settings menu for the Cisco boxes.

Not sure what there is to solve the captioning issue, but I will look on my Cisco boxes and see if I can find a solution. Like some have reported, they did not like the contrast on the 1.9 img. But with the Cisco boxes, I find it to be sharper than on the Motorola.

0 Likes