High Def HM DVR capacity
hicole

I am a new user.  First STB was 7216 showed a capacity of 40 hours recording only SD.  Called and complained that capacity should be closer to 80 hours.  Agent agreed and reset the box remotely then later changed the STB to 6416.  I lost all recordings and programming.  Now I have the new STB programmed and it only shows a projected capacity of 40 hours of SD programming also.  Called and agent didn't know what the solution was as nobody had called in a similar problem.  How do I get the 80 hours of SD programming that everybody thinks is correct?

0 Likes
Re: High Def HM DVR capacity
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Have you tried re-booting the DVR (pulling power for 30 secionds)?  The Verizon DVR is notorious for reporting less recording space than is actually available adn can ususally be corrected with a cold start.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

What you want to do is this

press menu on your remote

go down to settings

and then go down to system information

press 4883 and you WILL see a confirmation that code 4883 was succesfully executed.,    if you don't see that keep trying, you'll eventually get it.

That will correct your dvr reporting correct storage issue.   AND after you do code 4883 you have to reboot the box, so you can either unplug it for 5 seconds, and plug it in, or in the same menu you can hit the left key to go to the main part, hit the down arrow to help, and then in home agent and then reboot stb.

That will correct your issue more than likely.

0 Likes
hicole

Thanks for the suggestions.  Tried the "4883" and the rebooting but still showing 12 hours (SD) is 26% full.  That translates to a projected 46 hours.  Still far less than the 80 advertised. Any more ideas?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

so let me get this straight.   You see in your DVR capacity that it does not say 80 and in fact says 40 hours total.  

or do you see 80% and are doing the math that "at this rate" it will be 40?

Also do you have a mixture of hd and SD recordings or SD and ONLY SD recordings?

0 Likes
hicole

Thanks for the quick response.  Here is what I have:

12 hours (SD and only SD recorded) is 26% full. 

That translates to a projected 46 hours by my math.

The website (not my DVR) says that the capacity should be around 80 hours.  The agents that I spoke with also agree that the 80 hour capacity should be correct.

I am trying to see if the disk is being read wrong or is the disk faulty.

We have swapped out the DVR to a new one a couple of days ago because the old one had the same problem.  I have cold started both but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

when you did the 4883 code did it give you a confirmation? message and then you rebooted after that?

0 Likes
hicole

Yep,

I waited for the confirmation code and got it immediately then rebooted.  I tried it a second time and pulled the plug , waited 30 sec and powered it up.  Same percentages.

How long ago did this fix work for you and do you have the same unit as I do - 6416?

Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

had a friend with the same problem on monday, and this fixed it immediately.   very strange, I'd call fios again.  it's possible you got a refurb that is doing the same thing.   that is the only code that I know of that you can do from home that would affect that type of issue.   they may need another box, or they might be able to escelate it.

what channel number and what program are you recording?

0 Likes
hicole

Just escalated the problem.  Had 44 hrs 26 minutes of SD and the unit started deleting as it recorded another show.  Verizon said they would excalate it to the video folks (where ever they are). They shoud call within 24-48 hours.  I'll keep you posted

0 Likes