Hitachi 42HDT52 Bad Handshake with 6416
speaky

I have a Hitachi 42' Plasma and just moved from Comcast and previously D Network with both I had Motarola boxes and DVRs.

When I turn on the TV and with the 6412 DVR on a HD channel I get a picture that is all red (pink). When I go to a SD channel the picture is OK. After that I can go to all channels and all are OK.

I called VZ and they said it was my HDMI cable so I switched. There was no change. I hooked box to a different input same result. VZ brought out a new box and same thing. They now say it is my TV. I had no trouble with this 4 year old, top of the line, TV on either Comcast or Dish Network. I also have another HD box and if I hook up to this TV no problems. Same HDMI moved to the DVD creates no problems.

Does anyone else have this handshake problem with their Hitachi? Is there a solution? What is the differencet between the 6xxx and 7xxx series boxes?

I checked on the Hitachi web page and there are no software upgrades. I would assume that since there a lot fewer Fios consumers the problem would be vey much on the back burner if at all. I feel strongly this is a VZ and or Motarola problem. I do not agree that hooking box to component feed is the proper answer and I will not get best quality picture. 

0 Likes
Re: Hitachi 42HDT52 Bad Handshake with 6416
dmdj232

As an owner of a Hitachi Plasma myself, I would recommend calling Hitachi's Customer Service and ask if there is an update......I know you said that you checked the website but I have also done that in the past and the website has proven to be wrong.....I call Customer Service every now and then to see if there is firmware updates and if there is, they send them right out on an SD Memory card for FREE....I must say that am very pleased with my Hitachi.

here is the number   1-800-HITACHI

Message Edited by dmdj232 on 03-08-2009 07:31 AM
0 Likes