Home Media DVR Billing
hihihihi

I hopefully am having my fios triple play installed on friday oct 8. My projected bill looks like this

Equipment

Home Media DVR Package                   39.99

SD Set Top Box (4)                                  Included

High Definition Home Media DVR        Included

I am not charged for my 4 sd stb just my hmdvr is that normal

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Media DVR Billing
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has a HMDVR "package" which bundles together your HMDVR and all of your STB's for a reduced price.

HMDVR is listed at $19.99 and each SD STB would normally be $5.99 (for a total of $43.95) but with the bundle you are instead charged $39.99.  Incidently, you might want to inquire about what the package price would be for HMDVR and 4 HD STB's (even if you have all SD TV's), you may find that the price difference is minimal making it worth the cost (for example, my price for 1 HMDVR and 3 HD STB's is just under $37).   Having all HD STB's will avoid the problem that occurs when recording a show on the HMDVR using HD.  If you record in HD, it can only be played back on HD STB's.   You can obviously avoid that by recording in SD, but when I used to have SD STB's for two of my TV's, I used to always forget.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has a HMDVR "package" which bundles together your HMDVR and all of your STB's for a reduced price.

HMDVR is listed at $19.99 and each SD STB would normally be $5.99 (for a total of $43.95) but with the bundle you are instead charged $39.99.  Incidently, you might want to inquire about what the package price would be for HMDVR and 4 HD STB's (even if you have all SD TV's), you may find that the price difference is minimal making it worth the cost (for example, my price for 1 HMDVR and 3 HD STB's is just under $37).   Having all HD STB's will avoid the problem that occurs when recording a show on the HMDVR using HD.  If you record in HD, it can only be played back on HD STB's.   You can obviously avoid that by recording in SD, but when I used to have SD STB's for two of my TV's, I used to always forget.

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

lasagna is right about the recording in HD and only viewing that content on HD STBs.  It can be annoying. In my case, I have two SD STBs for my two SDTVs.  I then have one HD DVR and one HD STB.  It's nice to be able to go back and forth between the two, but I can't watch any HD content on the other two.  SD is just fine on all four, but once you've experienced HD, why would you want anything less?  I rib my friends with Comcast that their HD looks like FIOS SD...

0 Likes