Home Media DVR Display
sabst79

Hi, I have Verizon FIOS at home and a Home Media DVR in my living room.  I have the display set to display the time for when it's on and on standby.  But for some reason it never keeps that setting and always switches to display the channel when it's on. 

I'll go into settings, set it to display the time, it'll work, but as soon as I change the channel it goes back to channel display - and not just for a few minutes, it'll stay that way until I mess w/ the settings again.

Has anyone else had that problem, any solutions?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Home Media DVR Display
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

There is some sort of a glitch that is out there that affects everyone.  My DVR will eventually display the time but the minute you touch a button on the remote the time goes away and you have to wait for it to come back on.  Also, it seems to display the channel number on the hour.  I hope this is fixed in the next release.  We have a clock in the room to help deal with it but it is an annoyance.

0 Likes
sabst79

Thanks for the response.  We just got FIOS in our area, so are fairly new to it.  Will we know when a new update is pushed to the DVR or does it happen in the background?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

We received an update about a month ago and they didn't tell us when the update was going to occur.  We received a notification on the screen that said they've updated the img and display the next morning, generally a sign they've upgraded the software.  If you follow these forums you will see when people discuss the new software changes as they get rolled out.

0 Likes
sabst79

Thanks!  I guess I'll have to keep an eye out.

0 Likes