Home Media DVR Playback Issues
bigfish2

I have 1 home media dvr and 1 hd stb.  They are both the new cisco boxes.  Having issues with recorded programs playing back on the hd stb.  When I try to play something a playback error displays but will eventually play after hitting play about 5 times.  I'm also seeing deleted shows that remain in the recorded programs list on the hd stb for over a day.  I called support on the second issue and they explained it was normal because everything was held in memory.

Anybody else having these issues?

0 Likes
Re: Home Media DVR Playback Issues
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Where are you from that you have the new Cisco boxes? Not many people have them yet. I wonder if the problem is related to that? Maybe I don't want one now  Smiley Sad 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Good luck getting an answer since the new Cisco boxes are only in the Buffalo, NY area and in a limited distribution.  Most of us are still using the old Motorola stuff.

Suggest you contact Verizon FSC (Fiber Solution Center) to see if they can help.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

What type of error message are you getting?

It may be that the HD STB is just not communicating properly with the DVR. Try rebooting and/or resetting the router. If they work the same way the motorola boxes do, that may fix the issue. I'd also try reseating the coax cables on both the STB's and the router as well just to be on the safe side.

0 Likes
bigfish2

I tried again and I'm not seeing any of the errors anymore.  The error message was the program is unavailable for playback.  I would hit play and it looked like it was loading but after 10 seconds I would get the error.

Would be great if they could add a delete option for the recorded shows.

0 Likes