Home Media DVR Stops Playing After ~5 Seconds in Other Rooms
mascasa

I have a multi-room DVR and two HD boxes. Have tested on each box. Used to work just fine. Now with any recorded show on either of the HD boxes, the show plays for roughly 5 seconds and then the HD receiver goes dark, becomes unresponsive, and needs to have the power pulled to start working again.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to resolve it?

I haven't even been a customer for more than a month, so this is relatively new hardware (I hope). I think it is software.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Media DVR Stops Playing After ~5 Seconds in Other Rooms
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I'd try rebooting the entire system. Reboot both the HD STB's and the DVR by unplugging them, wait 30 seconds, then plug back in. Then reboot your Router. Since they all communicate through the router, it may not be routing the infomation correctly. Turn it off for 30 seconds, then turn back on. Once everything is rebooted try playing the video again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I'd try rebooting the entire system. Reboot both the HD STB's and the DVR by unplugging them, wait 30 seconds, then plug back in. Then reboot your Router. Since they all communicate through the router, it may not be routing the infomation correctly. Turn it off for 30 seconds, then turn back on. Once everything is rebooted try playing the video again.

0 Likes
mascasa

That worked, but what a pain. I hope this does not happen often. Thanks.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

you probably could have got away with just rebooting the router. But I'm one of those that prefer to do everything if I have to do anything. needing to reboot the router is not uncommon. If you have to do this once or twice a month then that would be fairly normal. I reboot mine every month, regardless of if it needs it or not.

0 Likes