Switch Account

Home Media DVR

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Home Media DVR

Message 1 of 8
(7,023 Views)

All of a sudden my bill is around $12 more.  The lady in billing told me it was because a promotional on the Home Media DVR expired.  My question is do I just loose the ability to watch recorded shows on the other 3 set-top boxes and viewing pictures from my computer if I cancel this Home Media DVR?  Verizon changed the way the bill break down is and it's not very user friendly. 

Thanks

Todd S. you out there?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Home Media DVR

Message 2 of 8
(7,012 Views)
The simple answer is yes you will lose that functionality - that is what the Home Media DVR is.
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 3 of 8
(6,994 Views)

Sosuzguy,

Yes you will lose your ability to watch recorded content  from the other stb's in the house if you remove the MRDVR but it isn't $12 more though its only $4 more

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 8
(6,991 Views)
They are charging me 19.99 for a Home Media DVR - High Definition and then taking 10.00 off, basically charging me 9.99 for it, which I don't think it's worth an extra $12 in fees and taxes.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 8
(6,989 Views)

Todd and I have suggested there be a similar Forums page for answering billing questions. It would be most helpful.

The Multi room feature is (round numbers) around $4 and the DVR itself probably about $9 accounting for the $12 total I suspect.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 6 of 8
(6,986 Views)
Yeah I got a promo price of 5.99 for my HMDVR and mine will jump $15 in nov. But I got a 2 tivos with life time subscriptions. Fiso service has some of the best prices around. But the equipment is some of the highes around. Take away the fios equipment, and your bill stays low. With the money I am saving  within 2 years, my Tivos will be paid off so to speak.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(6,960 Views)

So if I get this Home Media DVR feature turned off my main DVR will still record and playback right?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 8 of 8
(6,958 Views)
yeah it just will not be able to stream anything. It works as a stand alone DVR.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.