Home media DVR question
wk21030
Enthusiast - Level 3

i currently have directv. i have the whole home dvr package, where i can record shows downstairs and watch them upstairs. As well as record something upstairs and watch it downstairs. Thus giving me the ability to record 4 shows at the same time and watch them wherever.

Here's my Verizon question. Can i do that with verizon? i'm getting mixed signals and don't want to buy into verizon more and not be able to do it. Sales woman in store a while ago said no ( a while ago being a few months) but the chat rep i'm speaking with currently  said i can. Which is true?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home media DVR question
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That's not a current way that Verizon Home Media DVR works.  The very next update which should happen in the next couple months will enable that feature.  

The way it currently works, is that Verizon's DVR's can not communicate with one another (again will be fixed with next software update)  

Currently Verizon's DVR's can only communicate with non-dvr's (both hd and sd) 

@wk21030 wrote:

i currently have directv. i have the whole home dvr package, where i can record shows downstairs and watch them upstairs. As well as record something upstairs and watch it downstairs. Thus giving me the ability to record 4 shows at the same time and watch them wherever.

Here's my Verizon question. Can i do that with verizon? i'm getting mixed signals and don't want to buy into verizon more and not be able to do it. Sales woman in store a while ago said no ( a while ago being a few months) but the chat rep i'm speaking with currently  said i can. Which is true?

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

That's not a current way that Verizon Home Media DVR works.  The very next update which should happen in the next couple months will enable that feature.  

The way it currently works, is that Verizon's DVR's can not communicate with one another (again will be fixed with next software update)  

Currently Verizon's DVR's can only communicate with non-dvr's (both hd and sd) 

@wk21030 wrote:

wk21030
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you even after telling the guy in chat that you told me i can't he kept telling me that i could. Not to mention the cost of what it'd take is way too expensive $130 a month wow

0 Likes