Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Home media DVR very flakey...

BHiGG32
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Home media DVR very flakey...

Message 11 of 12
(2,197 Views)
I've noticed these errors happening since I started the service.  Now my wife is complaining about them when she's using the STB to watch shows from the Media HUB....looks like something's needs to be done quick or the wives will want to hurt Verizon....
sdchargers_fan
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Home media DVR very flakey...

Message 12 of 12
(2,185 Views)

Update from me previous post yesterday. After the much appreciated followup comments (thank you), when the Verizon service rep called to tell me he was 10 minutes away, I told him that a swap to the old HD-STB was not going to suffice. I strongly urged him to assist me in contacting me with someone of authority to approve my request to remove the MR-DVR and 2ea HD STB's and replace them all with 3ea HD DVR's. A Verizon "customer advocate" called me and I negotiated a deal where as they downgrade the MR to a standard HD DVR config, and provided me 2ea new HD-DVR's. They credited 1 HD-DVR free for a year and overall, it effectively cost me the same as the MR-DVR bundle package. This basically takes me back to a basic DVR status, which I am totally alright with since the only reason I went with the MR-DVR was to save greenbacks. This is a radical fix for Verizon, but they step'ed up.

I am happy now and the wife can watch her All My Children in peace and I can watch my BSG. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.