Hookup question: HM DVR, STB and Actiontek router
danukraine

Hi,

I currently have FIOS Internet, and signed up for FIOS TV (two boxes - HM DVR and STB).

It's my understanding that in order to use HM DVR features, Actiontek router needs to be hooked up to the TV grid.

I plan to put TV2 in the same room as my PC, and currently Coax cable goes from ONT to Actiontek router (then to PC).

Is it possible to have set up like this?

ONT -> (via coax) HM DVR -> TV1

ONT -> (via coax) Actiontek router -> STB -> TV2

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hookup question: HM DVR, STB and Actiontek router
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@danukraine wrote:

Hi,

I currently have FIOS Internet, and signed up for FIOS TV (two boxes - HM DVR and STB).

It's my understanding that in order to use HM DVR features, Actiontek router needs to be hooked up to the TV grid.

I plan to put TV2 in the same room as my PC, and currently Coax cable goes from ONT to Actiontek router (then to PC).

Thank you!

Yes, assuming you are using a 2 way splitter at the ONT as it only has a single RF (coax) output and a 2 way splitter in the PC room.  Plenty of signal level out of the ONT for that few splits.  Just as an FYI homeruns from the ONT to each of the devices (3 way splitter at the ONT) would be the ideal connection method, but as I said, shouldn't be an issue as you have diagrammed.

Insall tech should provide the required splitters at no charge.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@danukraine wrote:

Hi,

Thank you!

Yes, assuming you are using a 2 way splitter at the ONT as it only has a single RF (coax) output and a 2 way splitter in the PC room.  Plenty of signal level out of the ONT for that few splits.  Just as an FYI homeruns from the ONT to each of the devices (3 way splitter at the ONT) would be the ideal connection method, but as I said, shouldn't be an issue as you have diagrammed.

Insall tech should provide the required splitters at no charge.

0 Likes
danukraine

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes