Hot to connect Samsung Plasma TV to Fios.
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

What do I need to connect a new Samsung - 43" Class (43" Diag.) - Plasma - 720p - 600Hz - HDTV to my Motorola QIP2500-3 Fios STB?

I can see the HDMI connections on the TV, but how / where, do I connect it to the STB?

Will I need adapter cables?

Are there still stories like this: Verizon FIOS and Samsung TVs or has this been solved and gone away?

0 Likes
Re: Hot to connect Samsung Plasma TV to Fios.
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

I think I see my dilemma, the QIP2500-3 is a Standard Definition STB and we have that because that is the style of TV we have.

Now that we moved up to a HDTV we need to get a HDTV STB. I'll be getting in touch with a service rep to do the upgrade.

Has anyone heard of problems between Samsung TV's and Fios lately?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Anak wrote:

I think I see my dilemma, the QIP2500-3 is a Standard Definition STB and we have that because that is the style of TV we have.

Now that we moved up to a HDTV we need to get a HDTV STB. I'll be getting in touch with a service rep to do the upgrade.

Has anyone heard of problems between Samsung TV's and Fios lately?

Yep, you have identified the problem. Smiley Very Happy You DO need to get an HD stb.

Depending on where you live, there might be a Verizon FiOS store nearby that will exchange STBs:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Templates/sas/sas_StoreLocator.aspx

The stores that will accept returns and replace STBs, etc. will have that info listed.

Another option is to change your equipment through the My Verizon website. May be faster and easier than calling and waiting. I did that last year, worked very well.

Regarding Samsung TVs, I have 2 new Samsung LCDs that I got in the last 3 or 4 months. I have not had a single problem with either of them and FiOS. The only problem I have heard about lately with Samsung TVs is sometimes the TV volume only changes each time you hit the Volume button on the remote, it doesn't keep changing as long as you keep the button pressed. There is a way around that, but there is no point trying to describe the process until you know you have the problem with your specific TV and remote.

Good luck, I love the FiOS HD picture on my Samsungs (and for that matter on my 7 year old Sony LCD).

Keller, TX 76248

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have two Samsungs as well.

One is almost 2 years old. No issues with it (it is connected to a HD STB)

THe other is about 9 months old (connected to older 6416 DVR).

Have a problem every now and then where the TV does not sync with STB (get picture but no sound). COnnected via HDMI.

Just turn it off and then back on and it is ok.

Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Justin and CRobGauth for your replies, and reading through my Hot instead of How "typo".

In my Central Pa. area I only have Philly and Pittsburgh, the closest would be Hunt Valley in Maryland and I'm not sure they would take me because of the different States.

I'll have to call down there to see.

Justin, if you had to upgrade to a HD STB were you charged more for it monthly?

I finished wall-mounting the TV today and have been reading the manual, hopefully I can get the new HD STB tomorrow and see what it looks like. I'm sure we will be in for a pleasant surprise as we have never owned one before.

Maybe I can hold off on getting my new glasses.Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Anak wrote:

Justin, if you had to upgrade to a HD STB were you charged more for it monthly?

Yes, Verizon charges more for the HD STB than it does for the SD STB. Except I think for a part of New York, they apparently get the HD boxes for the same price as the SD boxes.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your new TV!

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes