Re: How To: Switch between tuners on a dual tunner DVR
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

OK, good point.. so how do I switch back to the program being recorded?

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@mphare wrote:

While watching the non-recording channel, directly tune the channel recording (enter the channel # from the keypad).  Now your LAST button will switch you between those 2 channels.

lordofring
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rottenkid wrote:

You are Correct Justin.  It is actually a very simple and usefull function. My wife had no problem. All you had to do is press the "down arrow" to switch tuners. There are a handfull of simple features missing on these DVRs.

In that respect Verizon DVR works same way as that of tivo with one extra step.... little effort though

Use record button instead of down arrow in tivo and roam around all the channels and come back to original .

Extra step is that you need to delete the recordingSmiley Happy

0 Likes
rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another minor feature I miss, is that the "left arrow" button on the remote would take you back to the exact place you last left. Say you are watching live TV and you go to the guide and surf, then there is something you want to see on the live tv channel, so you hit exit to return to full screen. The "back" button would take you back to the exact channel you were checking out in the guide. Same goes for the menu, it would take you back to the exact folder and sub-folder you were on last, instead of starting over every time. You could even leave the menu, go to the guide, hit "back", and go back to the exact sub-folder you were on in the menu.

It would also bei nice if the DVR (mainly "pause") buttons worked while you were looking at the guide.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

What if I don't know the channel being recorded?

@Keyboards wrote:

@mphare wrote:

While watching the non-recording channel, directly tune the channel recording (enter the channel # from the keypad).  Now your LAST button will switch you between those 2 channels.

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@mphare wrote:

What if I don't know the channel being recorded?

Go th the DVR menu, look at what is currently recording and then go to the channel.