How can I get the volume control on my FiOS remote to change the volume on my AV receiver?
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Just got FiOS TV today.  The only problem is I can't seem to get the remote to be able to control the volume on my AV receiver.  What is the procedure to associate the volume control (only) with my AV receiver.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How can I get the volume control on my FiOS remote to change the volume on my AV receiver?
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

The best way to get the specific answer is to check out the remote control help on your FiOS Receiver.

To find it, press Menu, scroll down to Customer Support, then select Help Topics, then Remote, then Setting Up your Remote. Choose the option that best describes your FiOS remote, then select Volume Control. You will see step-by-step instructions on how to set your remote to control your receiver's volume.

Having said that, in most cases, you will need to perform the following procedure:

1. Hold down the STB button on your remote control, and press OK. Release both buttons.
  2. Key in 9-5-5.
  3. Press the device button whose volume you want to control by default (in this case, AUX).
  4. Press OK.

The lights at the top of the remote will flash, signaling that the programming was successful.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: How can I get the volume control on my FiOS remote to change the volume on my AV receiver?
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3
My FiOS remote doesn't have an AUX button.
0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately, this means you do not have a Universal remote and cannot control your AV receiver with it. You can try visiting your local Verizon store to get a replacement remote.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@UnnDunn wrote:

Unfortunately, this means you do not have a Universal remote and cannot control your AV receiver with it. You can try visiting your local Verizon store to get a replacement remote.

They might give you one. Or you can buy one for $6.95:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/ShowCart

Or buy a universal remote. Not good choices IMO but Verizon apparently decided most customers did not need or want the 4 device remote. A shame.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes