How do I access On Demand Movies without help from a set-top with limited capacity?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How do I access On Demand Movies without help from a set-top with limited capacity?

Message 1 of 2
(820 Views)

After my Verizon Fios service was installed a few days ago, I was shocked to discover that my set-top box is not programmed to provide a channel guide, a menu or On Demand services. I called Customer Service and was told that it will cost $12.00/mo. to upgrade the box, but I watch very little TV, and my budget just won't stretch that far. I  certainly feel that, at the time I signed up, I should have been informed of the limited TV service I'd be receiving, but I was given a good price for Phone, Cable & Internet services, and I've found a TV & Cable channel & viewing guide online, so I can (probably) work around it. When I do watch TV however, I primarily choose to watch uninterrupted movies, and the field representative assured me that I'd have unlimited access to Verizon's library of free movies on demand. I haven't figured out how to call the movie lists up on my TV, but I have found them  online, and I gather that I could watch them on my computer. Occasionally, I might do that, but I'd much prefer to watch them on my TV. So....  Can someone tell me how to get a movie out of Verizon's library, and up on my TV screen for viewing? If I need to set the TV on a specific channel to request them, I'd be grateful for that channel number.  Any help will really be so appreciated. Thank youMyCrystalCove    

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: How do I access On Demand Movies without help from a set-top with limited capacity?

Message 2 of 2
(787 Views)

I assume all you got was a digital adapter that only supports SD.

You need a stb to access on demand.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.