How do I associate a set top box with my account?
boysy
Enthusiast - Level 1

A new FIOS TV customer, loving the picture quality. I have downloaded the DVR Manager for my iPhone 3GS running the latest version of iOS. When I go to sign into the app on my iPhone with my username and password I get a warning message stating that there are no set-top boxes associated with your account. I logged into My Verizon and went to the My Services tab. I can see FIOS TV on this page and on the left there is an option to Select Your Set Top box. When I click on this drop down there is nothing to select. How do I associate a set-top box to my account? I have searched the forums here and it seems others have had similar issues but I can't seem to find a resolution. 

Any help would be appreciated so I can really start to use this thing.

0 Likes
Re: How do I associate a set top box with my account?
uclabennett
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, it sounds like you might just be missing the registration step... You're almost there!

I think all the info you're looking for should be here:

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/RemoteDVRInfo.aspx?APName=Apps

Once you have successfully downloaded the application, you will need to register your mobile phone by going to the Set-Top Box(es) page and clicking the buttion to "Register Your Device".

Download User Guide for more details

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Userguide/fiosTVremoteDVRv6.pdf

0 Likes
Re: How do I associate a set top box with my account?
boysy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for the suggestion here, I appreciate it. Turns out the problem was that I had a completely new account created even though I was transferring an existing phone number to my new house and adding FIOS TV. It seems that switching from analogue voice services to digital voice services causes ALOT of account problems. A friend at work went through weeks of pain caused by the switch to digital voice and the associated account havoc. After an hour or so on the phone this morning I have it all sorted and can now access my set top boxes from my new account.

I appreciate the helpful suggestions.

All the best.

boysy