How do I block channel 1951?
Clearscreen
Enthusiast - Level 1
Every time I enter the wrong channel, I get bumped to Channel 1951, which is the Urge Radio Comedy channel with serious adult content.  I have young children who entet the wrong channel numbers all the time.  I have tried using the Parental Channel Controls to block it, but the Channel listing on the Parental Controls only goes up to to 1948.  I don't want to issue a uniform block an all TV-MA programs.  If I can't block it, can I set the box to at least default to a different channel?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I block channel 1951?
jondon87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another option you have is to tune to channel 1951, press the options button on the remote, then you can select block channel from there and also turn on/off parental controls in addition to other settings.  Hope that helps and makes it easier so you dont have to block all TV-MA content.

Jon

View solution in original post

ksebruce
Great quuestion - I have the same issues with that Adult Comedy channel coming up as the default after incorrect channel entered. I think they just need to change what the last channel in the lineup is or change the behavior of what happens when an incorrect channel is entered.
0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2
Hello!  Well you raise a very good point.  To answer the 2nd part of your question, there is no way to change the default.  It will default to the last working channel that is closest to the number that you enter.  Meaning, if you enter 999, for example, it will default to channel 875 (or whatever channel is closest to 999 that is a known channel).  If you enter 9999, it will default to 1951, which is the closest "known" working channel.  Channel 1951 SHOULD be available in the parental controls to block, but you are right, it is not.  This is a glitch, and should be corrected.  I am alerting the proper folks to get that changed.  In the meantime, the only option is to set up the parental controls for all TV-MA channels. 
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@FIOSTechBrian wrote:
If you enter 9999, it will default to 1951, which is the closest "known" working channel. 

Well, yes and no. If you don't set up a Favorites list and use it, you are correct. But it is easy to set up a Favorites that does not include that channel, and then set the default when you hit the Guide button to use that Favorites, and bingo, no channel 1951.

If you want to set up a Favorites excluding just that channel, all you need to do is go in to the Menu, add all channels to the list, and then remove that one channel. For ease of use I recommend setting the Favorites Button option to Toggle Flip by Favories and the Flip by Favorites option to Favorite 1 (or 2 depending on whether you set up list 1 or 2). For example, in my Favorites list, the highest channel I have defined is 888, so when I am using that list I can enter any channel number above that, except 900 which is VOD, and it always goes to channel 888. 

This won't solve the problem but it most definitely will reduce the likelihood of winding up on 1951.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jondon87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another option you have is to tune to channel 1951, press the options button on the remote, then you can select block channel from there and also turn on/off parental controls in addition to other settings.  Hope that helps and makes it easier so you dont have to block all TV-MA content.

Jon

Clearscreen
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you.  I will try that.
0 Likes
Clearscreen
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked.  Thank you.

0 Likes