How do I get my scheduled recordings from the old DVD to the new DVD?
Klamundsen
My DVD died. I installed the new one and it works, but the scheduled recordings aren't there. How do I retrieve them from the old box?
0 Likes
Re: How do I get my scheduled recordings from the old DVR to the new DVR?
Klamundsen
I mean DVR.
0 Likes
KR8CAOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the old DVR is dead, as in, it will not let you get into the main menu then you are out of luck.  However, if it is being swapped for a different reason like loud fan or random power cycling and your old DVR does not have the latest img 1.9.4 then you will have to do the following.

The old dvr needs to be connected to do this.  Go to Menu>Settings>DVR>export series to cloud.  select yes/ok you will get the message that it was successful. 

Then you connect the new dvr.  Once it is activated (use the equipment activation code if you have to) normally it will activate on it's own as long as the last cable you connct is the power cord.  Then go to DVR>Create Manual Recording>press OK.  At this point you should get a pop-up message advising you of the stored series schedule, and ask if you want to import, you should have it from here..

If it does have the newest img 1.9.4 then press menu>settings>save settings on the old DVR.  Then menu>settings>restore settings on the newly activated DVR.

You can find your current img version by pressing menu>system information  and refer to RELEASE:

Too bad we can not keep our recordings too huh?

AS I STATED IN THE BEGINNING- IF THE OLD DVR IS DEAD AND NEITHER STEP WAS DONE (depending on your img version)  YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

Good luck though

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@KR8CAOS wrote:

The old dvr needs to be connected to do this.  Go to Menu>Settings>DVR>export series to cloud.  select yes/ok you will get the message that it was successful. 

Then you connect the new dvr.  Once it is activated (use the equipment activation code if you have to) normally it will activate on it's own as long as the last cable you connct is the power cord.  Then go to DVR>Create Manual Recording>press OK.  At this point you should get a pop-up message advising you of the stored series schedule, and ask if you want to import, you should have it from here...

Too bad we can not keep our recordings too huh?

Good luck though

Your info is out of date.

Under Settings there is now an option to Save Settings, which will save more than just scheduled recordings to the cloud (things like Favorites, etc., but not your actual recordings). There is now a companion Restore Settings option to restore the saved information from the cloud. So all you do is save settings on the old DVR and then restore settings on the new dvr. One restriction is that the saved information is only kept in the cloud for 30 days.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
KR8CAOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now you have the proper steps to follow regardless of the img version in your DVR. 

All of the stb's across the footprint of VZ do not have the same img version, but any of the newly shipped stb's should have the latest version. 

I edited my previous reply to advise how you can see what img version you do have.

Good catch Justin!

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my scheduled recordings from the old DVD to the new DVD?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are looking for what you have recorded, they are lost.

Whether the box dies or not.
When you replace a DVR, there is no way to transfer the actual recordings from one box to another.

0 Likes
Nan2527
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I go to Menu>Settings>DVR, the only options I have are Skip, Replay, Program Chaptering, Default Series Opotions, and Help.  No "export"

0 Likes
Nan2527
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found it.  

It's not under Menu> Settings> DVR...  It is Menu> DVR> Settings  to get to the "export" option.   I haven't done it yet, but the on-screen instructions seems straight forward.  Also, support tells me that once I have exported, then the next time I come to this screen on my new DVR, I will see an import option.  

Also I found that by Menu> Settings> Save Settings, I hope to be able to save most of my STB settings, too, because there I have an option to Save Settings to the Cloud.

Fingers crossed...

wfd1433

On old dvr it is "menu/settings/system/save settings". On new dvr it is "menu/settings/system/restore settings" . Your instruction left out the "system" after "settings" .

0 Likes
EdDonovan1

How do I get my scheduled recordings from the old DVR to the new DVR?

0 Likes