|This is the last time your account was accessed.|
08-06-2011 02:34 PM
Find the User Guide for your remote here:
For the P265 remote the instructions are in the 7th column of the first page of the User Guide under "Optional Features". Follow the instructions carefully.
07-17-2013 04:57 PM
I would like to program the remote to turn stb and tv on and off with one button . I addition i want to control the sound with my remote as well
07-19-2013 08:17 AM
I can't get my remote do do anything but change channels and turn the top box on and off.
Tried for over 2 hours by myself ! Tried for over an hour on the phone with a Tech. rep from verizon !
Waited a week for a replacement remote ! Still no use ! The TV manufacturer, Panasonic says, " It's Your Problem, Not Ours, Take It Up With Verizon Fios "
I hate to say it but, Best Buy said the same thing ! All the above information is just my opinion and getting a new tv is just not as much fun as it use to be !
07-19-2013 10:53 AM
Obviously depends on model TV and model remote. Even the latest Verizon remote will not have every single possible TV included. As manufacturers come out with new models that use different IR signals things keep changing
I have to assume you have tried all the various codes for your Brand.
Basic remote info off
for example for the Phillips p256 (the most common remote these days) the Panasonic code appears to be 279 and there are special instructions if the code doesn't work
07-19-2013 11:11 AM - edited 07-19-2013 11:12 AM
Varies by remote.
For the common P265 remote these days
"STB. You can program the STB key to turn on/off both your TV and STB at the same time.
1. Turn both your TV and STB on.
2. Press and hold the <OK> and 2 buttons together, then release both.
• The RED LED will blink twice and then stay on.
3. Press 9 – 7 – 7.
• The Red LED will blink twice and remain on.
4. Press STB key.
• The RED LED will blink 3 times and then turn off.
5. Test that the STB key now turns on the TV and STB at the same time.
6. If you want to reset the remote so that the STB key controls Only the STB, follow the same steps as above but press < OK> in Step 4."
For other remotes check the details off https://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/f