How do I program the P265 remote to control my Yamaha audio receiver?
tanochurch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like some help in programming my P265 remote to control my Yamaha audio receiver.

I already have the TV programmed to work with the remote but I have no clue how to get the receiver programmed.

Can someone post the sequence for how to program with this specific remote?  I have read the manual and watched a couple of on-line videos but they are not specific to the P265 remote and don't seem to work.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I program the P265 remote to control my Yamaha audio receiver?
Justin46
Legend

@tanochurch wrote:

I would like some help in programming my P265 remote to control my Yamaha audio receiver.

I already have the TV programmed to work with the remote but I have no clue how to get the receiver programmed.

Can someone post the sequence for how to program with this specific remote?  I have read the manual and watched a couple of on-line videos but they are not specific to the P265 remote and don't seem to work.

Thanks for the feedback.

You can't, the P265 will control only a TV and a STB. Here is a link to a web page describing the various Verizon remotes:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

Verizon has apparently decided that nobody needs to control more than the TV and the STB, so they now provide only the P265. If you want another remote so you can control additional devices, you can:

1) Try to find one of the other remotes listed on the web page linked above.You might be able to get one from Verizon but I would not count on it based on feedback from others who have tried.

2) Find one of the other remotes at eBay or maybe other sites.

3) Buy a programmable remote that will control more than two devices.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@tanochurch wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

You can't, the P265 will control only a TV and a STB. Here is a link to a web page describing the various Verizon remotes:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

Verizon has apparently decided that nobody needs to control more than the TV and the STB, so they now provide only the P265. If you want another remote so you can control additional devices, you can:

1) Try to find one of the other remotes listed on the web page linked above.You might be able to get one from Verizon but I would not count on it based on feedback from others who have tried.

2) Find one of the other remotes at eBay or maybe other sites.

3) Buy a programmable remote that will control more than two devices.

Keller, TX 76248

tanochurch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Justin, I'm in Keller too!  Guess I'll try to get another remote or just live with using the Yamaha remote to control the receiver.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tanochurch wrote:

Thanks Justin, I'm in Keller too!  Guess I'll try to get another remote or just live with using the Yamaha remote to control the receiver.  Thanks again.

Since you are in Keller, I will make one suggestion that might work. If it is convenient you might try stopping by the Verizon Experience store in Southlake Town Center and beg Smiley Very Happy They might or might not have one of the old 4-button remotes that will control a receiver and let you have it, if they do it would probably be used but if it works???? Of course you would have to brave the median construction on 1709....  I have stopped in there several times and they have been very willing to give me a remote and a splitter; that was some time ago, I have not been in there in a while but if you happen to be going that way anyway it couldn't hurt.

Good luck, too bad it isn't that you want a replacement P265, I have several extra of those.

Keller, TX 76248

tanochurch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought a used remote off eBay....less hassle than 1709!  Thanks.

Redsoxfan717

Actually, the installer did get my remote to work with the Yammie AVR, Samsung TV, and the Fios box. I recently had to replace my remote and instead of using the TV code, I used the play button to toggle through the remote codes.

This worked like a charm.👍

0 Likes
Redsoxfan717

Edit: This was the P266 remote.

0 Likes
Redsoxfan717

Edit: This was the P265 remote.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes