Re: How do i set up a Motorola QIP7000 to pass through a channel's resolution
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:

I dont know where you got that. My 6416 does not upconvert, never has. My TV displays the resolution each time I have to change channels. example. Fox. shows in 720 and HBO is currently in 1080i and all the SD show up in 480i. Has been that way since day 1.

maybe thats a difference between the 7xxx and 6xxx?

Had a 6416 and 7216.  Both always output in the resolution selected for hd (either 1080i or 720p - no switching).  The only thing they would pass-thru is 480i if you didn't have the SD OVERRIDE set to OFF (which then causes the box to upconvert to the selected HD resolution).  I would definitely know if my boxes had switched resolutions as my set takes approx. 2 seconds to change resolutions and blanks the screen and audio while negotiating the HDMI handshake for the change.

In the 1.9 beta the ability to do NATIVE PASS-THRU is being implemented for the first time.  This has been requested (especially by TiVO owners) for some time now and has never existed before.

0 Likes
Wicked0ne1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my qip7100-2 it does not pass through the native resolution. I have mine set to 1080i and stations that are 720 do get upconverted to 1080.  I also selected to have SD passed through as 480

Also is there anyway to sign up for that beta? Id love to help test out and im a pretty advanced technical user 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

I dont know where you got that. My 6416 does not upconvert, never has. My TV displays the resolution each time I have to change channels. example. Fox. shows in 720 and HBO is currently in 1080i and all the SD show up in 480i. Has been that way since day 1.

maybe thats a difference between the 7xxx and 6xxx?

I'm sorry, but the 6416 just does not work that way. I have had a 6416 for 5 1/2 years, I have specifically tested what the input was that the TV sees depending on how I set the DVR, and I guarantee that the TV will always see whatever resolution that is set in the STB. Now if you have SD Override set to 480i or 480p, then yes, the resolution will change when switching between an HD channel and an SD channel; that does not happen with SD Override OFF, then the resolution is whatever is set - 720p or 1080i. But no, once the STB is set to 720p or 1080i, that is what the output will be for HD channels.

And no, there is no difference between the 7xxx and 6xxx boxes concerning this.

And the new 1.9 level of the IMG is supposed to deliver the support for this.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin46
Legend

@Wicked0ne wrote:

Also is there anyway to sign up for that beta? Id love to help test out and im a pretty advanced technical user 

No. The beta is almost complete, Verizon asked for volunteers months ago, from part of NJ and Eastern PA, and got lots of volunteers.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Wicked0ne1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah. thats kinda a bummer. would have loved to help test. Now i guess all i can do is hope that they work out all the kinks and push the update sooner then later.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Verizon does have a website where you can sign up for various trials:

Verizon Products Trial Program

I don't think they ever had anything about this beta at this particular site, although they may have, but I have signed up for a couple of trials there and been selected and participated. So you might want to register there for the future. Verizon did "advertise" pretty heavily for participants in the 1.9 beta, and appear to have gotten good candidates (and as I said, they did a geographic selection for whatever reasons, probably ease of control and distribution of the software).

I know they have worked hard on this beta, both Verizon people and customers, and appear to have made great progress in creating a quality, great function product. I have no idea when it will become available, but my guess would be a few weeks, maybe a month or two. And I imagine they will make it available in one VHO first, see how goes, then pick another VHO, and eventually deliver it in all areas, at least this is what they have done in the past with new IMG levels.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes