How do record a show with time added to the stop time?
Irving_TX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a QIP-7200-P2 Rev. 1.9 Bld 10.95.

I did manage to do it by selecting the show in the guide and selecting RECORD.  RECORD with OPTIONS was not available for a single show.

I then went to DVR/VIEW SCHEDULE  I selected the show that I'd set to record in the previous step and then selected MODIFY/START & END TIME and added an hour to the stop time.

This worked, but I must have missed the correct (faster) way to do this.

0 Likes
Re: How do record a show with time added to the stop time?
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

The capability to set start and endc time can only be done at the present time manually. Please feel free to share your idea http://bit.ly/cvqh21  We get suggestions and ideas from our customers on what they would like to see implemented or improved,

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
Re: How do record a show with time added to the stop time?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@TonyaD_VZ wrote:

Hello,

The capability to set start and endc time can only be done at the present time manually. Please feel free to share your idea We get suggestions and ideas from our customers on what they would like to see implemented or improved,

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Tonya, you may have missed the OP's point.  I believe in his mind, and mine, he was setting the recording manually, not automatically.  In my mind, setting an automatic recording is like creating a series and then having each occurence marked to record.  What you might want to say is that presently, you can only extend a time on a recording you set by any method other than a by setting a true manual recording in the DVR menu by selecting it once you've set the recording and then adding the time.  This might clarify things.  To me, it looks like the programmers missed this step when they programmed the screen that pops up when you click record on a program in the guide.  The functionality to extend is clearly available (since it shows up in the "manual" setup), but it is not presented on the screen ad a choice when you get to the record screen.

0 Likes