How do you block "Subscribe to this channel"?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How do you block "Subscribe to this channel"?

Message 1 of 5
(3,172 Views)

My kids are always pusing buttons on the remote.  I do not want them to accidentally subscribe to something that I will then get billed for.  Is there a way to turn off the options to subscribe to channels?  ALL channels that require another subscription?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How do you block "Subscribe to this channel"?

Message 2 of 5
(3,159 Views)

The only way I could see to do this is set up a favorites and follow Justin's Exploiting FiOS Favorites FAQ (at the top of this forum).  Follow the instructions fo limiting the guide to only the channels in your favorites.  Don't believe there is any easier way.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(3,142 Views)

Thank you for the idea. 

It may be that Verizon figures people will subscribe to something and then not notice on the bill and then voila, revenue increases.   Short term profits = long term customer dissatisfaction.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 5
(3,118 Views)

Add a perental control to block the channel. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 5 of 5
(3,074 Views)

Oops parental control.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.