How do you report set top box firmware bugs?
jbk373

How does one report firmware bugs in the new Quantum set top boxes?  There are several probems with the Arris VMS1000 boxes (I have 2 and they both have the same issues so its not an isolated problem.)  There is no obvious way to submit a bug report.  The two definite bugs I have identified are:

1.) If you pause for an extended time and start watching again pressing the skip forward button or fast forward button jumps all the way forward to the current time forceing you to rewind to get back to where you were.

2.) At times trying to skip forward or fast forward stops working.  You have to rewind for a short while in order to get the forward buttons to work again.

There is an additional problem of on demand menus taking forever to load which is usually fixed with a box reboot.  I am not sure if this is just bad design or a real but.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you report set top box firmware bugs?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

tv.feedback@verizon.com

that's in the img menu under help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure, but I believe you just did.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

tv.feedback@verizon.com

that's in the img menu under help.

0 Likes
jbk373

Thank you, I have sent the issues in.  

It is not clear from the menus that this is the place to send in techincal system problems with the system.   It would be nice to add some wording on the menues to clarify this.

0 Likes