How to activate STB/DVR?
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Fios Triple Play was installed by a verizon tech.  However, for some reason no one on the phone at Fios support can ever figure out why, none of my set top boxes are activated?  They all work as far as viewing TV and Recording programs, but I can't run any diagnostics on any of them, either from the net, IHA, or from the STB/DVR because they are not activated.  Anyone know how to activate them? How to get an activation code?  I want it to be clear that I have, several times, called technical support, both live on line and by phone, and no one can figure out why the boxes aren't activated.  Some REAL help would be nice.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to activate STB/DVR?
crazythunder
Enthusiast - Level 2

where are you seeing they're not activated? if you have the new cisco boxes, they won't show as activated online. maybe with the next firmware update. i'm in the same boat. however, my dvr shows up online and lets me manage it. the 2 hd boxes show, but won't let me do anything to them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
crazythunder
Enthusiast - Level 2

where are you seeing they're not activated? if you have the new cisco boxes, they won't show as activated online. maybe with the next firmware update. i'm in the same boat. however, my dvr shows up online and lets me manage it. the 2 hd boxes show, but won't let me do anything to them.

0 Likes
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, they are the Ciscos.  Wonder why Verizon Suppot couldn't answer that question as easily.   However, the problems I have are I cannot install new widgets to any of the STB's.  Like the screen savers.  It says it's added, but when I got to widgets, it doesn't show.  Self Diagnostics does nothing.  Literally.  On all boxes.  press ok, nothing happens.   Media Manger is not working on the boxes.  I have it installed and running on my computer and it tells me I need atleast one more standard Def or HD box.  I have 1 HD DVR and 2 HD Cisco boxes.

Tech told me caller ID on TV was available.  Can't find it at all, anywhere to do it.   Under Help Topics, on only one STB is Set Top Boxes available.  It shows it twice on all boxes, but on only one does it actually list all the boxes.  Otherwise it says information not available or something.  I've checked all connections.  Tight and good.  Frustrated.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Cisco's actually have quite a bit older IMG version, so it's not capable of supporting a lot of widgets and advanced features like remote DVR.  The next IMG upgrade will be happening in the next couple months (crosses fingers) and then you will get the latest img version which supports alllll those features.   So you may have to wait a little while to fully use those features. 

0 Likes