Switch Account

How to block youtube widget on cable box

How to block youtube widget on cable box

Contributor OnionSoup
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(1,374 Views)

How do I block the youtube widget on the cable box. There doesn't seem to be any way to block it and it is providing access to inappropriate content to my young children. The parental controls do not have anyu options to stop access.

8 REPLIES 8
Copper Contributor GJR
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 9
(1,289 Views)

Verizon doesn’t seem interested in letting us   block this inappropriate garbage. There are questions about this going back a few years and no responsiveness on the part of Verizon. Very disappointed. 

Highlighted
Contributor ParentQueries
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(837 Views)

Hi

I want to block youtube. I followed these steps

https://myfiosgateway.com/#/login

Parent Control and Created rule

Blocked Website and Embedded Keyword:

keyword:youtube

3. Set timings.

4. Apply.

But it does not take effect. Nothing is getting blocked.

I am using Fios Quantum Gateway Router. I am making these changes through wifi. I am not physically connected with router. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 9
(833 Views)

I believe you can do it from the MyFios app. However when you set up the service it may also engage the home security features. Many here say it's not a good program but it may have been repaired.

i don't recommend any McAfee or Symantec Norton product since they are very intrusive and cause more issues than they fix. But the decision is yours.

Contributor
Message 5 of 9
(716 Views)

Hi

I am able to block reuters.com following the process mentioned in earlier email. But i am not able to youtube.com.

How to block youtube.com.

Regards

Contributor
Message 6 of 9
(719 Views)

I am using the below setting to block youtube.com but no luck. But i am able to block reuters.com. So why youtube.com does get block. Please help me or any better suggestions.

block_internet.png

Copper Contributor rmur23
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 9
(586 Views)

The devices and parental controls feature is absolute garbage. I've never encountered a worse interface/app on any technology I've ever used.  It never works on the app OR on CPU. I've factory reset router, reinstalled app, followed all verizons first level chat bot troubleshooting, etc. etc. It just doesnt work. Ive brought this to their attention multiple times and their solution was to leave feedback on the app.  Doesn't work on the website either.  "Sorry we are unable to process your request at this time." On the app it just won't load up device info to change.  Absolutely useless.

Contributor eduardol3
Contributor
Message 8 of 9
(515 Views)

I agree, I don't let them watch it on their phones, but they have discovered it on Fios. I wish I can restrict but you can't, even if you sign in nothing you can do. This will be a deal breaker once my contract comes up next year 2020. 

Contributor Brandyd
Contributor
Message 9 of 9
(453 Views)

How do I block You tube from my TV/Widget?

I would like to set parental controls, like I can do for everything else. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.