How to change audo to L-PCM
NickB

Can anyone tell me how to access the "white screen" menu properly on a QIP7100 P2. My dynamic audio setting is not working with HDMI cable. I would like to try changing the audio out to L-PCM.  For one there is no menu key on this set top box front. Two when i get the menu to pop up using the remote I do not see any audio settings only video settings, and no "other HDMI" settings. I did a search here but i only found info on other boxes not the 7100 P2

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to change audo to L-PCM
Justin46
Legend

Sounds like maybe:

1) You aren't actually using an HDMI cable.

2) You have the HDMI cable connected from the STB to an audio system, not the TV. If this is the case I suggest temporarily connecting the HDMI cable from the STB directly to the TV and see if you then get the setting. If you do, then make the change and reconnect.

Other than the above I have no idea. I have my 7100-P2 connected directly to my HD TV (no sound system) and I most certainly do see the additional HDMI settings in the menu.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

With both the TV and STB powered on, using the remote:

1) Power off the STB

2) Press OK

3) Press Menu

Do the above steps pretty quickly, no more than a second or two between button presses

4) Scroll down to Additional HDMI Settings press OK

5) Scroll up to Audio Output

6) Use the OK button to cycle through the options until you have the one you want

7) Power off the STB

😎 Power on the STB

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

NickB

Justin:

For my 7100 P2 this is all that comes up on the "white screen menu"

TV TYPE

OUTPUT 

4:3 OVERRIDE 

VIDEO SHARPNESS 

CLOSED CAPTION 

RESTORE ALL DEFAULTS

No where is there an option for additional HDMI options with the menu that comes up for 7100 P2, any suggestions ?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Sounds like maybe:

1) You aren't actually using an HDMI cable.

2) You have the HDMI cable connected from the STB to an audio system, not the TV. If this is the case I suggest temporarily connecting the HDMI cable from the STB directly to the TV and see if you then get the setting. If you do, then make the change and reconnect.

Other than the above I have no idea. I have my 7100-P2 connected directly to my HD TV (no sound system) and I most certainly do see the additional HDMI settings in the menu.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
NickB

Justin

Thank you so much for your help. You were right, when i was trying to access the menu, i had it on component. Once i changed to HDMI i was able to access the "additional HDMI" and change that audio section. The interesting thing to not, when hooked up to component cable on the white screen it says only a 1080i is compatable , however on HDMI it shows that everything is comatable except 1080p, so watching with HDMI vs Component obviously makes a difference with verizons box's. 

Again thank-you so much for the solution, i have been trying to figure this out for a while....

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Justin,

I too would like to thank you for publishing the info. about the ability to switch audio, but also to change the video from 720p to 1080i.

I bought a new receiver a couple of months ago, and so was able to throw out all the mass of cables and run everything through HDMI.

..and now I am watching in 1080i too - I am not too sure how much better it really is, but I seem to have convinced myself that it looks a lot better.

Thanks Again,

Bryan.

P.S. if there are any more useful hacks like this - please let me know.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BAnslow wrote:

Hi Justin,

I too would like to thank you for publishing the info. about the ability to switch audio, but also to change the video from 720p to 1080i.

I bought a new receiver a couple of months ago, and so was able to throw out all the mass of cables and run everything through HDMI.

..and now I am watching in 1080i too - I am not too sure how much better it really is, but I seem to have convinced myself that it looks a lot better.

Thanks Again,

Bryan.

P.S. if there are any more useful hacks like this - please let me know.

You are welcome, glad to help.

I do not have any more useful "hacks" to point you to, at least none come to mind immediately, but if you have never seen this document I wrote a couple of years ago you might find something useful in there:

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/attachments/vrzn/IMG19/1989/2/FiOS%20TV%20IMG%20Getting%20Started_201...

While I wrote it for the original 1.9 release and it is somewhat out of date, much of the information is still valid.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Justin - looks interesting...

Bryan.

0 Likes
sefiro
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI

Hidden Menu access is not available if the STB is recording something

0 Likes
RJS8

Finally got to the white screen and performed the change from AUTO to L-PCM.  

The essential thing is to push the indicated buttons rapidly, just as Justin stated--RAPIDLY, as I had tried this very procedure before, unsuccessfully, and not reached the white screen.

Just follow Justin's steps precisely and you will have the STP properly reset.

Note that key words for the sound condition would include:

sound loop

sound drop out

sound sync

sound when changing channels

AUTO to L-PCM on STB

Thanks, Justin!

0 Likes