Switch Account

How to change default "Go To Live TV" channel

How to change default "Go To Live TV" channel

SOLVED
Contributor Neandergal
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(515 Views)

For some reason when a recorded show ends and I tell the box to take me to Live TV, the TV channel switches to HBO, even though I might not have watched it in days. I want to change that default to another channel. I've tried everything possible but can't figure out how to do this. Any help appreciated! thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Bronze Contributor III Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(492 Views)

Any chance HBO is set as the default channel for powering on the box? Try going into menu, settings, system, Fios TV One settings, Power on channel. If it's set to last, toggle to Fios tv 1, close menu, turn box off, box back on, back to that setting and change to last channel. Might work......

Highlighted
Contributor Neandergal
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(466 Views)

that worked!! thanks. now if I could only figure out why when I go to channel 130 it goes to channel 583, etc.  It INSISTS on giving me the HD channels even though I've set several things to SD. It's not a big problem  -- just weird. When I record channels 103 etc., it does record 103, not the HD version. Odd.

Bronze Contributor III
Message 4 of 5
(451 Views)

There is a setting to go to HD channel versions automatically. Think it's under system, but not near tv to say for sure. Just uncheck that option. Personally I like that!

Bronze Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(424 Views)

Its menu, system, channel, uncheck autotune to HD channel.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.