How to change default "Go To Live TV" channel
Neandergal
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some reason when a recorded show ends and I tell the box to take me to Live TV, the TV channel switches to HBO, even though I might not have watched it in days. I want to change that default to another channel. I've tried everything possible but can't figure out how to do this. Any help appreciated! thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to change default "Go To Live TV" channel
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any chance HBO is set as the default channel for powering on the box? Try going into menu, settings, system, Fios TV One settings, Power on channel. If it's set to last, toggle to Fios tv 1, close menu, turn box off, box back on, back to that setting and change to last channel. Might work......

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any chance HBO is set as the default channel for powering on the box? Try going into menu, settings, system, Fios TV One settings, Power on channel. If it's set to last, toggle to Fios tv 1, close menu, turn box off, box back on, back to that setting and change to last channel. Might work......

Neandergal
Enthusiast - Level 2

that worked!! thanks. now if I could only figure out why when I go to channel 130 it goes to channel 583, etc.  It INSISTS on giving me the HD channels even though I've set several things to SD. It's not a big problem  -- just weird. When I record channels 103 etc., it does record 103, not the HD version. Odd.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a setting to go to HD channel versions automatically. Think it's under system, but not near tv to say for sure. Just uncheck that option. Personally I like that!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its menu, system, channel, uncheck autotune to HD channel.