How to enable second HD DVR for remote access?
glcockrum

I easily got my first HD DVR setup for remote access and it worked perfetly for 1 day, then it stopped working.  After 2 hours on the phone with tech support, we got it to work again.  However, we were unable to get my second DVR setup.  He said that I could only have one DVR setup for remote access, is that true?  If not, any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: How to enable second HD DVR for remote access?
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@glcockrum wrote:

I easily got my first HD DVR setup for remote access and it worked perfetly for 1 day, then it stopped working.  After 2 hours on the phone with tech support, we got it to work again.  However, we were unable to get my second DVR setup.  He said that I could only have one DVR setup for remote access, is that true?  If not, any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Thank you!

Are you speaking of Remote Access from the Web?  ...or from a mobile phone?

For Web Access it is absolutely NOT TRUE!

I have TWO DVRs.  I can access both remotely from the web and schedule or delete recordings.

The tech MAY have been speaking of (or confused about) the MULTI-ROOM capability that the DVR's have.

Only one of the DVRs can be (and is) a Home Media (or Multi-Room) DVR, and therefore can share recordings with my other NON-DVR STB and communicates with any computer on my home network for PC-based Audio, Vieo and Image files, as well as connecting to the certain Internet video streaming sites.

The other DVR is a standalone machine is this regard, but regardless, it still has remote access to control it from the Web.

(I do not know anything about the Remote Access from a mobile phone capability, since I do have a Verizon Wireless contract.  THAT Remote Access may indeed be limited to just a single DVR.)

Techman28
Master - Level 1
Capntrips is 100% correct any DVR you get you can have remote web access.
0 Likes
glcockrum
I'm trying to get Remote Access from the Web for my second HD DVR.  I tried enabling it from the box and that did not work.  I tried finding something on Fios TV Central to enable it but I don't see any option for the second DVR.  I enabled my first DVR from the website. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.  The tech that I spoke with said it was not possible and he verified this with his help desk, so I'm not getting much assistance from calling support. 
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

can you check the menu then help then run the self diagnostics and tell me if the listner is running.

0 Likes
glcockrum
I'm not sure what happened but when I got home from work my second DVR magically appeared enabled. Not sure how this happened but happy none the less.  Thanks for all of your help. 
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
Glad we got it fixed for ya 🙂
0 Likes
glcockrum
Unfortunately, my happiness was short lived.  I logged in this morning and found that the original HD DVR that was working is once again getting the following message:  Set Top Box - xxxxxx is not responding.  I logged into the website again this afternoon and I'm getting the same thing.  Does anyone know how I can correct without calling support? Thank you!
0 Likes