How to find out how many programs I can record at once on my DVR?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

How to find out how many programs I can record at once on my DVR?

Message 1 of 5
(2,345 Views)
Since there's no printed documentation and it takes hours to sift through the online help, let alone the phone "support," I have to ask these seemingly trivial questions. How many programs can I record simultaneously on the DVR?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: How to find out how many programs I can record at once on my DVR?

Message 2 of 5
(2,311 Views)

Depends on the model.

a 7XXX can record up to 2 programs (you can't watch anything else live while that is going on).

A VMS can record up to 6 programs. But if you are watching programs via IPC each one takes a tuner.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 5
(2,274 Views)

THe 7xxx and 6xxx HD DVR's can record 2 programs at a time Hopefully you  don't have a 6xxx or a Standard Definition DVR.

A VMS used in Quantum service has 6 tuners and can do 6 recordings at a time. However for each program you watch at the VMS or the satellite IPC's you use a tuner and lose one ability to record.

VMS boxes in some areas are also being used with all but 2 tuners disabled (non-quantum service).  I don't know if this means that if the VMS and a IPC are in use you have no ability to record, or not.  And I don't know if you can have more than one IPC in such configuration.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(696 Views)

Thank you for explaining this. I knew I had Quantum Enhanced Service and was suppose to be able to record up to 6 shows. I couldn't figure out why I could only record 3 shows at a time.  We have 1 HD Multi Room DVR and 3 more HD Stbs with everyone taping their own shows AND watching something else your explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 5 of 5
(693 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.