How to install the dvr hd q1p6416-2 recorder
chewbkka
I need help to install this device. I got it today but I do not have a hd tv(NOT yet) but the old stb had a rf coax in and tv/vcr coac out but this stb has only a rf coax in. my tv does not have a himi input so do I have to purchase a s video which the tv does have to get this hooked up. You directions about this isn't very good for installation.
0 Likes
Re: How to install the dvr hd q1p6416-2 recorder
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

"so do I have to purchase a s video which the tv does have to get this hooked up."

Yes, also left and right audio cables if you have a stereo TV. If it is not stereo you will still need 1 audio cable.

0 Likes
chewbkka
Ok bought s video cable and audio cable from radio shack. now I hook everything up but instead of using the 3 or 4 channel I am using video 1 on my tv. Is this normal for using the s video. also I am getting a lot of background static on the picture. The audio cables I am using all three colors. should I be using white and red or whatever combo. I tried something on the tv audio but doesn't work. any suggestions?? Thanks
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
If you are using the S-Video cable DO NOT USE THE YELLOW WIRE FOR VIDEO. The S-Video cable provides the video feed and the red and white cables provide the audio.  You have tied 2 different video outputs from the box together.  Remove the yellow wire and I bet your noisy picture goes away.  And yes, you should be on whatever video input the S-Video is on (varies from TV to TV but is often Video1).
0 Likes
chewbkka
thanks for the help. I remove the yellow cable but the background noise still was there. a low buzzing sound when they change pictures. anything else that would help. the noise was less when I remove the yellow cable
0 Likes