How to make the DVR better
clrader

There are a few features I really miss since switching my DVR over to FIOS.

The first is the lack of episodic television information.  It seems they only give the name of the episode, which means little, instead of the more vital information like Season number and Episode number.  Also I'd like it if they listed the original air date of the episode.  All these things help keep track if you have multiple episodes recorded at different dates out of order to know which ones to watch first. 

Second thing I miss is the ability to set recording criteria off of search terms.  For years with both REPLAYtv and DISHNetwork I would set up a recording to search for the terms "Series Premiere" in the information field.  It worked very well and getting me recordings of almost every new show on all the networks so I could tell what shows I might want to watch.

I know Verizon is new to the DVR game but I'm sure they have the talent to make their DVR the best of brand with a little tweaking.

0 Likes
Re: How to make the DVR better
Justin46
Legend

If you have not already done so, please go to this thread and follow the link to the survey, the more people that tell Verizon what needs to be done the better.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes