Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

How to order multistream cablecard in loudoun county VA (20164)

alligator768
Contributor
Contributor

How to order multistream cablecard in loudoun county VA (20164)

Message 1 of 2
(2,991 Views)

I ordered the new tivo premier which only takes multi-stream cards. When i called cust serv on 3/30/10 ~ 8:45 am to have my dual single-stream cards exchanged with a single multi, csr said they don't offer multi-stream.

CSR transferred me to tech support, who agreed with what others are posting on these forums, that it would be very unlikely for a tech to bring out an s-card these days.

Unfortunately, tech had to xfer me back to cust serv, at which time I had to go through the whole schpeil again.

I had to explain to the csr to simply put in the order for "a" cablecard, (which she kept referring to as 'digital adapter'--same monthly price, so i'm ~assuming~ that's the m-card) and that I would be returning the 2 cablecards.

She still didn't quite get it, but put the order in anyway

I love the fios technology, but I rue every time i have to interact with cust serv.

Word to the wise, don't even try and explain the whole tivo-cablecard-tv setup. Just have them enter an installation order for a cablecard. When the tech calls on the day of installation to confirm his/her approx arrival time, make sure they are brining the multistream.

My order # is {edited for privacy}, install scheduled for april 9th 8-12 am. I'll update this thread at that time to let everyone know how the install went, and hopefully save others some time in the future.

1 REPLY 1
spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: How to order multistream cablecard in loudoun county VA (20164)

Message 2 of 2
(2,970 Views)

I would call back and check with tech support to see what was ordered. Because a digital adaptor and a cable card, while the same price, are two different things. And you NEED an order to state cable card. So I would head it off before it becomes a bigger issue than it already is. Make sure that they have the order for the correct device. If you wait for a day or two before its due they may have to cancel the order and start again, pushing your order out even further.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.