How to order multistream cablecard in loudoun county VA (20164)
alligator768

I ordered the new tivo premier which only takes multi-stream cards. When i called cust serv on 3/30/10 ~ 8:45 am to have my dual single-stream cards exchanged with a single multi, csr said they don't offer multi-stream.

CSR transferred me to tech support, who agreed with what others are posting on these forums, that it would be very unlikely for a tech to bring out an s-card these days.

Unfortunately, tech had to xfer me back to cust serv, at which time I had to go through the whole schpeil again.

I had to explain to the csr to simply put in the order for "a" cablecard, (which she kept referring to as 'digital adapter'--same monthly price, so i'm ~assuming~ that's the m-card) and that I would be returning the 2 cablecards.

She still didn't quite get it, but put the order in anyway

I love the fios technology, but I rue every time i have to interact with cust serv.

Word to the wise, don't even try and explain the whole tivo-cablecard-tv setup. Just have them enter an installation order for a cablecard. When the tech calls on the day of installation to confirm his/her approx arrival time, make sure they are brining the multistream.

My order # is {edited for privacy}, install scheduled for april 9th 8-12 am. I'll update this thread at that time to let everyone know how the install went, and hopefully save others some time in the future.

0 Likes
Re: How to order multistream cablecard in loudoun county VA (20164)
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I would call back and check with tech support to see what was ordered. Because a digital adaptor and a cable card, while the same price, are two different things. And you NEED an order to state cable card. So I would head it off before it becomes a bigger issue than it already is. Make sure that they have the order for the correct device. If you wait for a day or two before its due they may have to cancel the order and start again, pushing your order out even further.