How to play HBO, Showtime, Amazon Prime?
GottaRun212
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just installed FiOS. It supposedly came with free HBO & Showtime. We have a smart Samsung TV. We go to Info, where is HBO, Showtime or even Amazon Prime?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to play HBO, Showtime, Amazon Prime?
GottaRun212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand your answer. I found Amazon Prime but I had to use my Samsung remote and to use the 'Smart Hub' button. I found Showtime/HBO thanks to a Fios rep that said to use 'On Demand'. My issues resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Amazon Prime is not part of FIOS offerings.

HBO is channel 899+

Showtime is 865+

That is if you have Verizon TV service.

If looking for apps on Smart TV, you will need to install HBO and Showtime Apps.
There again, not related to FIOS.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the HBO go and SHowtime GO, you should be able to logon to the SMARTV app with your Verizon userid and password assuming you have HBO and Showtime as part of your FIOS service.  Amazon prime app is your amazon id and password and is not related to FIOS.  All three work pretty well.

For HBO and Showtime you would also have these channels available on your STB and have VOD support (different from GO App) available.  The Channels are usually your best choice as they don't need to use your Internet speed to deliver content.

0 Likes
GottaRun212
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not helpful at all. I ran into a Fios rep in the building and the answer is to use 'Fios on Demand' option. And from there I was able to access shows like Homeland.

0 Likes
GottaRun212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand your answer. I found Amazon Prime but I had to use my Samsung remote and to use the 'Smart Hub' button. I found Showtime/HBO thanks to a Fios rep that said to use 'On Demand'. My issues resolved.

0 Likes
Mksween
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a major problem. Our main tv is not a smart tv as that one died after two years. It also did not have the ability to download the Prime app. Why can't they just have a widget or channel like they do for Netflix?

Apparently, Fios reviews these posts for ways to improve service:

Hey Verizon Fios, add Prime accessibility! I am paying for a service I can't access.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes