Switch Account

How to properly install External Hard Drive

How to properly install External Hard Drive

Contributor aidangenmom
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,992 Views)

I'm trying to install my external eSATA hard drive on my 7216 HD DVR and it doesn't seem to be working. I get the notice to reboot the box and then I get the warning about it detecting the drive and that everything else on it will be deleted. I then click ok to accept and after that i get nothing. I then check my DVR recorded status and it looks like it only has the internal drive, percentage used is the same. How to i make sure the external is installed and what type of indication will i recieve? Does the DVR format the hard drive and if so does it let you know when it's completed?

3 REPLIES 3
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(1,955 Views)

For some reason it takes a day to register the eSATA drive.  Did you check today to see if it's working?

Contributor Zumster
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(1,023 Views)

I have the same issue.  I think the drive needs to be formatted in a format compatible with the set-top box.  I can't locate that ability in the menus for my Motorola box.  Anyone know how to format using the box?  Apparently reformatting via the computer is not acceptable???

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.