How to record a series (yes, I asked that)
ezsdfl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switched from Xfinity... trying to get adjusted.   Need help.

Is there any way to record a series other than spending time scrolling through the guide, locating the program and hitting the record button? 

If we do a voice search for a specific series, Fios will find it.   However, the results are primarily On Demand options.  There is no option to record the series or future episode(s) based on the search results.  I'm baffled.

Maybe my wife and I are missing something, but would welcome any suggestions...

Thanks

Re: How to record a series (yes, I asked that)
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader
  • How do I record my favorite shows?
  • Recording your favorite shows is easy using Fios TV DVR. To record:

• current shows you’re watching, press Record
    • future shows, press Guide > use the arrow keys to find the show you’re looking for, press Record
      • a checkmark appears to confirm the show will be recorded
    • series, or adjust settings on a scheduled recording,
    • press the Record button twice, a menu will appear with recording options

And:

Voice commands

With the Fios TV Voice Remote, you can use your voice to tell your Fios TV One what to do. Simply press and hold the microphone button to give commands. Speak normally and hold the Fios TV Voice Remote about 12 inches from your mouth. If held too closely, your voice may come across distorted and difficult for the Fios TV Voice Remote to understand.

Here are a few samples of things you can ask or tell your Fios TV Voice Remote to do:

Search

• "What's on Animal Planet tonight?"
    • "I want to watch Property Brothers"
    • "Look for comedies starring Jim Carrey"
    • "Show me Disney movies"

Navigation

• "Tune to HGTV"
    • "Go to the main menu"
    • "Go to the guide"
    • "Go to settings"
    • "Skip forward 30 minutes"
    • "Jump back 1 hour"
    • "Go to DVR"
    • "Go to On Demand"
    • "Skip forward 30 seconds"

Settings

• "Turn on talking guide"
    • "Turn off closed captioning" (available for select programs)
    • "Turn on Spanish audio" (available for select programs)
    • "Turn on descriptive video" (available for select programs)
    • "Launch my dashboard"
    • "Show my Wi-Fi Credentials"
    • "Pay My Bill"
0 Likes
ezsdfl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response, so I'm correct that the only way to record "future" shows is to manually dig through the guide.  If the show isn't being currently aired, but you know it's returning, you are out of luck and have to (hopefully) remember to set up a future recording when the series airs again.

I'm surprised that the Guide is not programmed/smart enough to allow you to setup a future series recording, particularly if it is found when you do a voice command search for it.  The option should exist to record the series in this case and edit series recording options as needed.

Alternatively, they should at least put a menu option within the Guide to allow you to search for programs/series throughout the time span that the Guide presently stores.   This would at least minimize wasting time endlessly scrolling, trying to find (and record) a program/series  that you know may be airing but have no idea when and what channel it is on.

Is there any way to push suggestions over to the respective departments?  I understand I'm shooting for the moon, but...

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ezsdfl wrote:

Thanks for the response, so I'm correct that the only way to record "future" shows is to manually dig through the guide.  If the show isn't being currently aired, but you know it's returning, you are out of luck and have to (hopefully) remember to set up a future recording when the series airs again.

I'm surprised that the Guide is not programmed/smart enough to allow you to setup a future series recording, particularly if it is found when you do a voice command search for it.  The option should exist to record the series in this case and edit series recording options as needed.

Alternatively, they should at least put a menu option within the Guide to allow you to search for programs/series throughout the time span that the Guide presently stores.   This would at least minimize wasting time endlessly scrolling, trying to find (and record) a program/series  that you know may be airing but have no idea when and what channel it is on.

Is there any way to push suggestions over to the respective departments?  I understand I'm shooting for the moon, but...

There may be another way to do what you want, but I don't have DVR service so I am only quoting the book. As far as making suggestions, I'd try posting your idea to the

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update thread as that is being actively looked at by the Verizon development team.

0 Likes