Customers With Disabilities
quick menu

How to redeem REWARDS POINTS for on-demand movies?

How to redeem REWARDS POINTS for on-demand movies?

Highlighted
Steviek1290
Contributor
Device: 3015291174
Plan: unlimited
Message 1 of 9
(14,144 Views)

I saw that a recent on-demand movie I rented was "eligible for Rewards" but I have a fairly good size balance of rewards points....How do I redeem points in order to pay for a movie on my TV screen?? Thanks

8 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 9
(14,119 Views)

Select the movie you want to watch.

when you go to pay, it may give you the option to use rewards points.

not all movies all you to use points to rent.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
JB78
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(13,719 Views)

I have had the same issue on my set-top box and the mobile app even when the movie says it is eligible for My Rewards points.  I submitted a troubleshooting request on the app and explained that the issue was with the app as well and the only response I received was that the "Report a Problem" feature was only for app issues.  I think that not being able to redeem rewards points via the app qualifies as an app problem but I guess I'm wrong.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 9
(13,716 Views)

The statement that VOD is eligibile for Rewards Points means that if you rent/purchase it, you will earn Rewards points.

You have to go into movie and select what you want to do to see if you can use rewards points. Not all content allows you to use rewards points.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Burbba
Contributor
Message 5 of 9
(10,680 Views)

Interesting that my vzw rewards balance is 12k and my fios balance is 450...

it costs 20k+ points for $10 gift card on vzw.  It costs 299 for 1, yes 1, tv show.  Been on this for 2 years and I get 1 tv show.  Crock of crap, terrible service, I'm out.  This is just the final straw.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 6 of 9
(10,632 Views)

Do other cable companies have a reward program that allows more?

If you go to the rewards page, it will tell you how to earn additional rewards points.

GrahamZ
Contributor
Message 7 of 9
(10,558 Views)

I've had the same exact issue. The only way I've gotten it to work EVER is if I log into the Verizon website on my computer, then redeem my points on the website for a movie. Then when I go to the On Demand menu on my STB, it shows that I've rented the movie.

I don't know why it works differently for the people who are giving the advice about this, but the OP really did raise an actual issue. Some things, like redeeming points for movies, can only be done on the website, and not through the set top box.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 8 of 9
(10,304 Views)

I have redeemed points through my STB a number of times.

Matter f fact, have never done it through the website, only STB.

Keep in mind that not every movie is eligible to use rewards points.

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 9 of 9
(10,238 Views)

This is EXACTLY how I have always done it.... just like Rob said.

I have redeemed points through my STB a number of times.

Matter of fact, have never done it through the website, only STB.

Keep in mind that not every movie is eligible to use rewards points.

Tom
QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
My Rewards+
Start earning points Enrolling in My Rewards+ is quick, free and easy

Refer A Friend
Refer friends to the Verizon Fios Family, and earn 10,000 My Rewards+ points
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios