quick menu

How to redeem REWARDS POINTS for on-demand movies?

How to redeem REWARDS POINTS for on-demand movies?

Contributor Donna1
Contributor
Message 11 of 21
(3,556 Views)

Thank you! I have some expiring points and couldn't find anywhere how many points it costs to rent an average movie. (Still don't know that answer, but if a single show costs 299 points, it must be a lot more.)

Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 12 of 21
(3,469 Views)

It is usually a penny a ppoint.
So a $4.99 movie would be 499 points.

Not all movies are elegible to be rented for points.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Copper Contributor merlin96
Copper Contributor
Message 13 of 21
(3,089 Views)

I have had the same problem with the reward points.  Even on movies that are eligible to be rented with reward points, I am no longer able to use the reward points to see them on my STB.  I have called Verizon several times about this issue and gotten a run around.  Finally I was told that I had to call some special "rewards" department that apparently keeps such odd and short hours that I can never reach them.  I did try doing it via the website once and it showed that I had successfully rented the movie with my reward points but Verizon ended up charging me when I watched it on my television.  I called them and they did credit me for the error.  I haven't bothered with the reward points again.  It's not worth the aggravation.

Moderator Moderator
Message 14 of 21
(3,084 Views)

Hi merlin96,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Contributor Stableminf
Contributor
Message 15 of 21
(2,108 Views)

Redeeming points used to be effortless...even for the newest films...but suddenly over the past few months I have seen no option to use points to pay for ANY movie rentals or purchases and it’s very upsetting. I logged on to to Rewards section of the app and it only offered gift cards and no way tell the STB to use points as instructions in Help section on my Fios TV menu mentioned. It used to be SO easy and now it’s impossible to even find a way to do it and I have no idea what suddenly changed.  Wish somebody could simplify this stuff again because a simple thing has now turned into an unnecessarily time consuming and irritating project. I just want to pick my movie and use my points (and I’m not even trying to buy the newest release right now! Though it used to not matter!).  I can’t figure out why such a simple system suddenly evaporated over night!!!

Platinum Contributor I
Message 16 of 21
(2,090 Views)

I recently used rewards points for a fairly new movie.

It is simple.

When you select to rent (or buy if you have enough points) a movie, choose which verison you want.

After selecting price, you will be given the option to use existing account, another form of payment or rewards points (if applicable).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor PetertheGrate
Contributor
Message 17 of 21
(1,028 Views)

And the great thing about Verizon's Reward Points is that if you've been away from home and not realize that your 20,000 points expire, well you snooze, you lose. Called the help line to ask about this and was told they send out a quarterly statement telling you when they're going to expire. Anybody ever got one of those? I didn't.

Jeez, what kind of company gives you a bonus for signing up with them and then takes it away?

I've got a few months left, but I guess it's back to XFin. 

Platinum Contributor I
Message 18 of 21
(1,024 Views)

My grocery store gives rewards points.
They are only good for a month.

I beleive Verizon rewards points are good for a year.

You can check via stb to see when points expire at any time.

20K points is a huge number.

at $.01/point, that is $200 worth of on demand.

Contributor VfiosUser
Contributor
Message 19 of 21
(117 Views)

I have the same issue... looked through every movie and can't find not one that I am able to use my soon to expire points. So frustrating, this use to be easy. Verizon has made it basically impossible to use.  They should have at least a tab where it lists movies you are able to redeem points on. Or discontinue points system all together

Contributor VfiosUser
Contributor
Message 20 of 21
(111 Views)

After months of frustration, I read countless forums from other users having same issue.  Finally came across the solution.. use you phone or pc to order movie using points then they'll show up in your Rentals list under the my stuff tab.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios