How to remove Default Widget 'Barbie'?
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

minor yet annoying

I've gone through both the remote control MENU and the online website to try to customize WHICH Widgets are displayed to no avail. We only want Weather, Traffic for Boston yet we're held hostage to flip through several Widgets that do NOT interest us.

Pink icon for BARBIE, Sports News, AP, Fidelity stock market, etc.???

When I bring up the Widgets under Menu, the listing for My Widgets only shows 3 icons but the TV is showing many more.

Anybody else have problems customizing widgets. Tech support states 'no known issues' so it must be only my house that wants me to dream about Ken & Barbie? LOL

Re: How to remove Default Widget 'Barbie'?
prisaz
Legend

Not a Barbie Girl In a Barbie World?Smiley LOL

Yes I too would like to customize my widgets and only have the ones I want.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JRTEMT wrote:

minor yet annoying

I've gone through both the remote control MENU and the online website to try to customize WHICH Widgets are displayed to no avail. We only want Weather, Traffic for Boston yet we're held hostage to flip through several Widgets that do NOT interest us.

Pink icon for BARBIE, Sports News, AP, Fidelity stock market, etc.???

When I bring up the Widgets under Menu, the listing for My Widgets only shows 3 icons but the TV is showing many more.

Anybody else have problems customizing widgets. Tech support states 'no known issues' so it must be only my house that wants me to dream about Ken & Barbie? LOL

I am confused by what you say, so let me tell you what I see and you can tell me where I going wrong. I:

1) Press the Widgets button on the remote and see a horizontal range of Widgets (most of which I don't care a thing about).

2) I press the OK button as instructed ("OK to Expand") and I see a screen with a variety of Widget categories listed, but the My Widgets category is always the one highlighted showing only the Widgets I have previously added to that category.

So why are you seeing something different, any ideas?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Cisco img 1.9.1 still has the default widgets which can't be removed. I think what the op wants is to modify the default widgets scroll list.

When you go to my widgets, they are not listed. There is a whole lineup of widgets that you get on the default scroll list, like them or not.

I know perhaps the Motorola boxes are different.

It would be nice if we could have the default scroll list display My Widgets, and have the one where you must press ok, as the one that allows you to display all or modify your list like you would favorites.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

Cisco img 1.9.1 still has the default widgets which can't be removed. I think what the op wants is to modify the default widgets scroll list.

When you go to my widgets, they are not listed. There is a whole lineup of widgets that you get on the default scroll list, like them or not.

I know perhaps the Motorola boxes are different.

It would be nice if we could have the default scroll list display My Widgets, and have the one where you must press ok, as the one that allows you to display all or modify your list like you would favorites.

Does the OP have Cisco, do we know that?

I of course have never seen the Cisco IMG, there are no Cisco boxes in my VHO. But what you describe is very much what I see when I press the Widgets button on my Motorola boxes, I get a horizontal row of Widgets that I can scroll through either left or right. And it includes that stupid Barbie widget. But as you look at the initial display or as you scroll left or right, doesn't each Widget entry in the list display the message "OK to Expand"? If so, when you press the OK button, don't you get a list of various Widget categories with one of them being My Widgets where you have put only the ones you care about?

I can't believe Verizon would invest the time and money to create two different Widgets processes for the two different STB brands. And yes, I understand the OP (and I guess you) wants a way to customize that original scroll list, but it only takes one more button press to get to your own customized list. It just seems to me that is a minor price to pay to get to what you want.

Just my $0.02 worth, I rarely use the Widgets anyway, I only have three in my list: AP News, Pandora, and Weatherbug. I have never found any others I was interested in.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

OK seems we are on the same page. And they are the same. Yes you press Widgets and you get everything as you have stated. I know that some of the items were different on the hardware. I guess I should not assume.Smiley Sad

Since I do NOT get Pandora in my VHO I don't use them much.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a bunch of widgets that show up that I can't get rid of.

Might use them more if I could choose the ones I wanted, not have to add to the ones that FIOS wanted me to wade through.

0 Likes
mejustme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish they would stop MOVING THEM AROUND TOO!! I use the weather widget but now they have it buried half way thru the list, they have The Weather channel widget first in line now! It is useless and doesn't work at all anyway!!! I DO NOT live in New York!!!

0 Likes