Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

How to set up Tivo and Fios

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to set up Tivo and Fios

Message 1 of 5
(11,504 Views)

I've just recentley purchased FIOS and i can't seem to get my tivo to work with it, anyone out there that can help with setup?  I've tried switching around all my cables, but i still can not get the cable to show up on my tivo input, it keeps giving me an error that it can't find Basic Cable in, any help???

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How to set up Tivo and Fios

Message 2 of 5
(11,510 Views)

What model TIVO do you have?  If it is one with only an analog tuner it will not receive any channels as FiOS is all digital.  You would need a STB in front of your TIVO in order to  record anything if it doesn't have a QAM tuner and accept a cable card (for anything other than the local channels).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(11,482 Views)
I have a Tivo Series 2, single tuner, is there anyway to get it to work with Fios?  
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(11,471 Views)

You can get a Digital Adapter from Verizon (DCA700) and use a Tivo IR Blaster to control it.  The DCA700 will connect to the Tivo via Coax Cable.  I have been trying a similar setup with an Older ReplayTV.  I can get the Replay TV to see the Input from the box but have not had any luck with the IR Control yet.  I am waiting for a new IR Balster to arrive as I believe that mine was no longer working.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(11,473 Views)

@BrianMcD wrote:

You can get a Digital Adapter from Verizon (DCA700) ....

Minor correction, the digital adapter model is DCT-700.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.